Agentsays is a weekly column, giving you the good oil from Melbourne’s property experts. No corporate guff, no scripted answers. Just getting real with Melbourne’s estate agents, and finding out what makes them tick.
1. What did your family say when you told them you were going to be an estate agent?
Not another real estate agent, as my father is one.
2. What is your favorite thing about being an estate agent?
The people you meet and the stories they tell.
3. What’s the most rockin’ song to listen to on the way to an auction?
Chelsea Dagger – The Fratellis
4. What is the biggest misconception buyers have about the home purchasing process?
That you must ensure you have a cheque to pay your deposit on auction day, as agents don’t carry card swiping machines.
5. Where can Home Truths get the best breakfast in your neighbourhood?
The Residential Kitchen in Carlton North.
6. How can the local property industry improve its practice?
Clear and concise advertising to avoid confusion amongst buyers
7. What is your first memory?
Playing in the sand.
8. What is the first album you ever bought with your own money?
John Farnham – Whispering Jack
9. Why don’t people love estate agents as much as Home Truths do?
Most people still have the misconception of agents being dishonest.
10. Describe the current Melbourne property market in one word.